Quick check-in

So sorry for again neglecting this blog, but my time here is hectic and tiring. So this post will just serve to let you all know that I am alive and well and still enjoying my time here. Tonight was a very interesting night for me because I had dinner with my host family and some of their friends. I was surrounded by a flurry of Italian but thankfully, there was an australian woman there who was able to translate for me. She told me that she had been a student in Italy but ended up staying I think after she met her husband, or she stayed and then met her husband. I’m not sure. But she is probably the fourth person I met who has much of the same story. Someone who comes to Italy just intending to study for a period and then ends up falling in love with the country and then decides to stay. After my time here, I don’t find these stories surprising at all. Italy is absolutely magical and if you have a strong passion for it, then I can absolutely see the draw in staying here indefinitely. But, no need to worry mom and dad, I have no plans of settling down here in Italy. While I absolutely LOVE my time here, I have to admit that I just don’t have a passion for Italian that many of my counterparts have. I have more of an interest in Spanish or French than I do Italian, so the draw is not as strong for me. But I know that leaving this beautiful country will be incredibly difficult. Oh, well, I will cross that bridge when I come to it. Right now, it is time for bed, but tomorrow I shall update about my awesome trip to the island of Elba! With pictures!!

Buona notte!